Friday, May 7, 2010
Monday, May 3, 2010
Sunday, March 7, 2010
Friday, March 5, 2010
I could go on listing my Aunt, Uncles and Cousins that have served but, I won't so you can get on to the letter. I don't know who wrote it but, we all need to take the time to read it.
We know that the current state of affairs in our great nation has many civilians up in arms and excited to join the military.
For those of you who can't join, you can still lend a hand. Here are a few of the areas where we would like your assistance:
1. The next time you see any adults talking (or wearing a hat) during the playing of the National Anthem - kick their ass.
2. When you witness, firsthand, someone burning the American Flag in protest - kick their ass.
3. Regardless of the rank they held while they served, pay the highest amount of respect to all veterans. If you see anyone doing otherwise, quietly pull them aside and explain how these veterans fought for the very freedom they bask in every second. Enlighten them on the many sacrifices these veterans made to make this Nation great. Then hold them down while a disabled veteran kicks their ass.
4. If you were never in the military, DO NOT pretend that you were. Wearing battle dress uniforms (BDUs) or Jungle Fatigues, telling others that you used to be 'Special Forces'. Collecting GI Joe memorabilia, might have been okay when you were seven years old, now, it will only make you look stupid and get your ass kicked.
5. Next time you come across an *Air Force* member, do not ask them, 'Do you fly a jet?' Not everyone in the Air Force is a pilot. Such ignorance deserves an ass-kicking (children are exempt).
6. If you witness someone calling the *US Coast Guard* 'non-military', inform them of their mistake - and kick their ass.
7. Next time Old Glory (the US flag) prances by during a parade, get on your damn feet and pay homage to her by placing your hand over your heart. Quietly thank the military member or veteran lucky enough to be carrying her - of course, failure to do either of those could earn you a severe ass-kicking.
9. 'Your mama wears combat boots' never made sense to me - stop saying it! If she did, she would most likely be a vet and therefore would kick your ass!
10. Bin Laden and the Taliban are not Communists, so stop saying 'Let's go kill those Commies!' And stop asking us where he is! Crystal balls are not standard issue in the military. That reminds me - if you see anyone calling those damn psychic phone numbers, let me know, so I can go kick their ass!
11. 'Flyboy' (*Air Force*), 'Jarhead' (*Marines*), 'Grunt' (*Army*), 'Squid' (*Navy*), 'Puddle Jumpers' (*Coast Guard*), etc., are terms of endearment we use describing each other. Unless you are a service member or vet, you have not earned the right to use them. Using them could get your ass kicked.
12. Last, but not least, whether or not you become a member of the military, support our troops and their families. Every Thanksgiving and religious holiday that you enjoy with family and friends, please remember that there are literally thousands of soldiers, sailors, marines and airmen far from home wishing they could be with their families. Thank God for our military and the sacrifices they make every day.
Without them, our Country would get it's ass kicked.
'It's the Veteran, not the reporter, who has given us the freedom of the press.'
'It's the Veteran, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.'
'It's the Veteran, not the community organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.'
'It's the Military who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.'
AND ONE MORE:
13. If you ever see anyone singing the national anthem in Spanish - KICK THEIR ASS.
WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE, ONLY BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE!
IN GOD WE TRUST
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Beginning at 12:00 AM EST February 26
and ending 12 pm Sunday EST February 28.
The Etsy Supply Street Team (ESST) will be holding its
Semi-Annual Supply Street Team Promotion.
This sale exclusively features the members of the
Etsy Supply Street Team!
Crafting supplies for most any project you may have.
Team members will be offering specials like free shipping, discounts, extra goodies,
and everyday fabulous prices.
And for a look at the Team members promos checkout out Team ESST Promo blog: http://esstpromo.blogspot.com/
Search TEAM ESST for all your supply needs!
Also, check out our Promo thread in the Etsy Forums (will post when available)
*Great Every Day Prices
*Supplies for the Talented Artist in You!
Sunday, January 31, 2010
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Last week for CarDonsBitsandPieces offer of * Buy One, Get One FREE special! (free item equal or lesser value - not including shipping). Please make a note in the Message to Seller area - "BOGO". We will refund the discount to your PayPal account.
Don't miss these great Deals, they are for this week only - January 24 to January 30.
Sunday, January 17, 2010
CarDonCreativeDesigns offers * 20% off EPOXY Charms - Write "20% of Epoxy" in Message to Seller - We will refund the discount to your PayPal account.
Looking for craft or collectible buttons? GramsVintageButtons has many to choose from. This week we will be offering * Buy One, Get One FREE (Free item to be od equal or lesser value ~ not including shipping)- Write "BOGO" in Message to Seller - We will refund the discount to your PayPal account.
Our CarDonsBitsandPieces shop will offer a * Buy One, Get One FREE special! (free item equal or lesser value - not including shipping). Please make a note in the Message to Seller area - "BOGO". We will refund the discount to your PayPal account.
Don't miss these great Deals, they are for this week only - January 17 to January 23.
Sunday, January 10, 2010
Looking for craft or collectible buttons? GramsVintageButtons has many to choose from. This week we will be offering * FREE SHIPPING on purchase of $10.00 or more (not inlcuding shipping)- Write "FREE SHIPPING" in Message to Seller - We will refund the discount to your PayPal account.
CarDonCreativeDesigns offers An EXTRA 20% off our SALE/Specials Section (not including the shipping) - Write "Extra 20%" in Message to Seller - We will refund the discount to your PayPal account. Don't miss these great Deals, they are for this week only - January 10 to January 16.
Sunday, January 3, 2010
Don't miss these great Deals, they are for this week only - January 3 to January 9.